Tuesday 15 November 2016

My life as a Hobartian


I was a Hobartian from late 1986 to early 1998.

It was quite liberating to escape from the ultra-rural backwaters of north west Tasmania, where I'd been for the previous ten years. And I wasn't yet ready for a big city again, so Hobart fitted the bill perfectly. Just big enough to be interesting, but small enough that you can easily get around, easily get out of, and soon get to know and love. (Sort of - nowhere's perfect.)





The air's good. The scenery's good. The bushwalking's excellent. The water's good. There's art, culture, fine food.




Fine beer too.







More fine scenery.



Life as a Hobartian isn't bad.








As for Errol Flynn's life as a Hobartian? I'll have to defer to this article in The Australian: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/in-like-flynn/story-e6frg6n6-1225737141066 

No comments:

Post a Comment