Sunday 27 November 2016

A rocky and rather beautiful coastal park


I made a foray into North West Tasmania's Rocky Cape national Park. I'd forgotten just how scenic it was.

You can do a full traverse from Sisters Beach in the east, to Rocky Cape in the west, or you can do various circuits, one of which I did.

 I visited Anniversary Bay, and was reminded again that in Tasmania you nearly always get the whole beach to yourself.
















The creeks are full of tannin from native vegetation, and make for colourful patterns as they trickle across the white sand beaches.







Doone Falls is another highlight. This picture is the right way up, by the way. It's just like that.

The pool at the bottom was exquisitely patterned by the natural foams and tannin-brown water. Some years ago I took a similar picture of a similar pool, and the photo-processing  lady in the local K-Mart was so impressed that she asked me if she could use the image as her standard advertising image for her services. I happily agreed, and for several years I experienced a proud glow whenever I visited that emporium.

No comments:

Post a Comment