Saturday 29 May 2021

Canowindra and my burst balloon

 
Canowindra was a pleasant surprise. I'd expected flat, dusty and straight, but it's winding, scenic, and characterful.

It's also got balloons, as in little sculptured street furniture ones, and pictures and posters everywhere. Canowindra is one of NSW's hot-air balloon capitals.

 

It's several hours west of Sydney, so you need to make a bit of a holiday out of it. You get picked up from your lodgings before dawn for the sunrise flight.

The weather was perfect, but my flight got cancelled anyway. The pilot had been taken ill, and it seems there was no back-up. So we got our money back, and my inaugural ballooning experience will have to await another milestone birthday.


I enjoyed Canowindra anyway. I might be back!




(Wishing the pilot a speedy recovery.)




No comments:

Post a Comment