Sunday 16 July 2017

Bali then & now - Ubud rural scenes


I first discovered Bali in 1984. I was a decade or two behind many, but it was in time to experience the quiet, unspoilt rural idyll of the Ubud area. I clearly remember the euphoric feeling of strolling the dirt paths through those fabulous rice fields. To the left is a picture I took back then.


Well it's all still there. Still magnificently beautiful, and the other week I was able to stroll the very same rice fields. Some of the footpaths are now paved, and you have to dodge the odd motorcycle and artist's workshop.











And there's a good crop of rice field accommodation places, both modest and luxurious. Plus fabulously trendy rice field cafes, where delicious western and local treats may be slowly enjoyed.









 Bali's still an exceptionally beautiful island.











No comments:

Post a Comment