Friday 15 May 2020

Discovering yet another suburban bushland corridor gem

 Some urban bushwalker I am! I thought I knew all the best bushland corridors through the suburbs. But only yesterday did I learn about the Hunts Creek Reserve, and how you can walk from Carlingford, down through the Kings School, and to Lake Parramatta.

So off I went, and it's a good  little walk!





















The Kings School has erected lots of discouraging signs, but there's a very solid right-of-way through their land, so they're best ignored.






















I circumnavigated Lake Parramatta, and then returned by the same route. I can see how this can be combined with the Darling Mills Creek track, and the amazing Northmead Dam, for a rather good round trip one day.




Here's Lake Parramatta Dam.

No comments:

Post a Comment