Thursday 1 June 2017

Extreme postcodes: 2179

I went to explore Leppington the other day. It was much in the news a year or two ago, when Sydney's latest bit of suburban train line was opened. The area, south west of Liverpool, and 50km from central Sydney, is designated as a growth centre, with enormous new suburbs being built all around.





At least they're building the public transport before building the suburbs, which is probably the right way round.








So what is there now at Leppington proper? I had no idea before I got there and stepped off the train at the sparkling new station.

Well, not much. Here's that station, with an attached convenience store.


Here's a sign advertising the dream home experts, with only two or three dream homes so far.









Otherwise it's still mostly farmland and cacti.


I had an interesting encounter with one local farmer. I was taking photos of his happy and healthy herd of dairy cows. He came out and enquired about my motives. It turned out people purporting to be from the council had been doing the same, and allegations had been made that

he was not looking after his animals properly. I suspect there were ulterior motives of land developers involved. Could they be trying to shift him off his soon-to-be-residential-suburb property before he's ready to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment