Tuesday 4 February 2020

Lilli Pilli 2229

I explored Lilli Pilli the other day for the first time. I've probably only become aware of the suburb because of its connections to our dearly beloved current Prime Minister. (A year ago I labelled him our very temporary Prime Minister, but I'm afraid he's still there.) Anyway, he lives in a very pleasant little area, in the Sutherland Shire, on the northern banks of Port Hacking.

Scotty from Marketing isn't doing a great job of looking after Australia's environment, but I liked what Sutherland Shire Council was doing to prevent tree vandalism along the foreshore. Like in other waterfront locations, trees often mysteriously get poisoned in attempts to preserve somebody's water views and property values. Local  councils have taken to replanting them, imposing massive fines, and erecting big signs to shame the likely perpetrators. (Click to enlarge photos.)











I had a very pleasant little swim in the Lilli Pilli ocean pool. Had it all to myself. Luxury!

No comments:

Post a Comment