Monday 17 September 2018

Green Island, blue sky, greeny-blue sea



When I visited Cairns many years ago I think I had only an hour or so to spend on a Green Island visit, so I did a quick run around its circumference and headed back. I think there was a glass-bottomed building or something too. It was a long time ago!







 Anyway, on this trip we made a proper day trip of it. There's quite a lot to see and do these days. And despite the enormous crowds of tourists, it all seems to be well-managed and the place is not too damaged by them.

























You can snorkel the coral reef, or view it from a glass-bottomed boat, or stroll the beaches, or just lounge around.

There are very comfortable boats to ferry you to and from the place too these days. It's 45minutes from Cairns.




No comments:

Post a Comment