Friday 6 January 2017

Manly's minor beaches

I discovered a whole new 'Secrets of Sydney' experience the other day. Here's Collins Flat Beach.

I thought I knew the Manly area quite well, but somehow was completely unaware of the scenic footpath winding its way southward from the ferry terminal, past East Manly Cove Beach. It links several of Manly's less well known beaches, which I somehow thought I'd been to before, but in fact hadn't. Sydney's like that. There are so many of them!

Here's part of the walkway.

And a group having fun at Little Manly Beach.


I had a good view across to Store Beach too, but found that the walkway wouldn't get me to this one. I'll return one day soon and do the rock-hop along the foreshore. Apart from arriving on your own boat (as lots do), this seems to be how it needs to be done.






Lots of recreational fishing goes on around here. Watch your bag limits though. (And no excuse for not being informed about them.)

But I do think there's a good excuse for dozing off on a park bench, if your companion's only interested in his fishing.


No comments:

Post a Comment