Friday 2 August 2013

Sydney's best running circuit: the Bay Run

The Iron Cove 'Bay Run' is a seven kilometre circuit for runners, walkers and cyclists, which circumnavigates the pocket of Sydney Harbour called Iron Cove, passing through bits of the Inner West suburbs of Leichhardt, Haberfield, Drummoyne, Five Dock, and Lilyfield.
It's very scenic, and very popular. When I lived nearby I used to run, shuffle and walk my way around it in typically 36 to 40 minutes. I imagine the more competitive types would aim for under 30 minutes. According to my usual rule of thumb, whereby anything I do can be done in half the time by someone, somewhere, there must be those who do it in about 20. 
You pass by several other shrines to physical fitness: soccer fields, swimming pools, rowing clubs. And then there's the dog park, with its Cafe Bones, where the trendy Leichhardt canines feast on 'pupaccinos' and gourmet dog biscuits.



No comments:

Post a Comment