Thursday 12 November 2020

Bound for South Australia - 5: SA's border guards fail to stop me!

 

 

 

Here they are, doing their best! 

I made it into South Australia eventually, defying their best efforts to keep me out.









 
In fact it was all a bit scary and confusing trying to work out how to get into and out of South Australia in these uncertain COVID border restrictive times.

I'd decided to avoid the Mildura/Sturt Highway option when I read that if you got the permit regulations wrong you could end up trapped in Victoria, unable to go forward into South Australia or back home to NSW.

Hence the Broken Hill/Barrier Highway route. SA is open to NSW I'd read. But not quite! You still need a permit, I found out just in time. You need to have declared that you didn't have symptoms and hadn't been to Victoria, and to have printed out the online form. When I hit the border, there was nothing there. I sailed through. Except that more than 100km further into the state, suddenly there was a police checkpoint! They needed to see my permit. Would they really have sent me back all that way if I hadn't had one?


No comments:

Post a Comment