Thursday 18 January 2018

Pelicans, perambulations, and addictive pies!

We spent a few days recently in North Haven, a nice sleepy holiday town on NSW's Mid North Coast, a bit south of Port Macquarie.

Its most famous attraction is the Addictive Pie Shop. I sampled the allegedly addictive wares, and agreed there could be something to that name. My steak Diane pie was indeed pretty good, and I hadn't come across that particular pie appellation before. Of  course there are countless 'best pie shop in the world' contenders in Australia. Some even claim best in the universe. But this one's probably up there.


What else do you do in North Haven? I think most people do fishing. I did strolling the waterfront walkways and watching the pelicans and the other strollers. And we used the place as a comfortable base for further sightseeings and  visits.
















The waterfront at nearby Laurieton







                Among the mangroves



No comments:

Post a Comment