Tuesday 25 August 2015

Extreme postcodes: 2560

Campbelltown is at the extreme southern edge of Greater Sydney, and at the end of the line for a lot of suburban train services. I made the trip out there this morning to see what's changed since I was last there a few years ago.

It's not such a bad little spot either. Some of its neighbours have a bit of a bad reputation, but I think you could have a very wholesome and pleasant life here. Certainly it's a comfortable place to visit.

I came across a Mawson Park, and looked for any memorial to or information on the Antarctic explorer, but it turns out the park is named after famous Mawson's less famous doctor brother.
 
The main Campbelltown Mall shopping centre has certainly had quite a makeover recently. I enjoyed my morning coffee there, made by a very friendly and capable chap in the food court.

No comments:

Post a Comment