Monday 27 January 2014

Food, glorious food


 
South Korean food is certainly interesting and exciting. Maybe glorious, in its own way. There are traps for the unwary though. Like the very red sauce that comes on lots of the dishes. Very red means very hot. And often the sauce didn't just have a chilli hot taste, it had what to my palate was a a hot industrial effluent taste too. So I went easy on the red bits.

I didn't encounter the raw fish experience, or worse still, the still wriggling live fish experience, that I'd read about. 

Mainly I just got fed nicely with one of the dishes of the day - with rice, noodles, various meat and other concoctions, kimchi of course, and a host of lesser side dishes. Always good value.

Must admit, for breakfasts especially, I chickened out a lot and often went to Subway or McDonalds.


No comments:

Post a Comment